Today is my last day in the retail world. Retail is tough, and as a manager, you get to deal with all of the lovely people who come into the store or call on the phone. Don’t get me wrong, most customers are great… but some customers make the job harder than it should be.
To celebrate my last day, I give you: You might be a bad customer if….
- If you get upset with the store team when they don’t tell you when something is going to go on sale… (PS- we actually don’t know, and we don’t decide.)
- If you try to return something from 2 years ago. Yes this happens, yes it happens a lot.
- If you return a quilt because your dog chewed it up.
- If you try to return something without a receipt, or tags, and expect to get cash back.
- If you get upset with the staff because UPS lost your package… because obviously that is OUR fault.
- If you get upset that you have to wait in a line. That’s life sista.
- If you throw items into a team members hands, like a servant, instead of kindly handing them over and thanking them for starting your fitting room.
- If you ask to use our employee discount because “you’re here all the time anyways…” No, you SHOP here. We WORK here.
- If you ask us if we have a restroom and then get upset when we don’t have one.
- OR if you get upset that we didn’t let you use our EMPLOYEE RESTROOM.
- If you DEMAND to use our employee restroom.
- If you take out your bad day on us. I’m sorry you’re having an awful day, but that is also not my fault.
- If you decide to take a shopping spree 10 minutes before we close. Yes this happens frequently.
- If you leave your items at the cash wrap, don’t tell anyone, and then get upset when they have been put away.
- If you let your children run wild throughout the store while you continue to shop.
- If you let your child talk back to the staff….
- If you let your child touch all of the breakable things in the store.
- If you bang on the doors and demand to be let in after we have closed the store.
- If you scream at the staff for things that are out of their hands.
- If you scream at the staff until they give you the sale discount that ended three days ago.
- If you ask to use one of our employees’ phone chargers, and then get upset when we don’t have one/ let you use one.
- If your child pees in the middle of the fitting room floor, and you expect the employees to clean it up.
- If your dog poops in the middle of the store, and you simply leave it there.
- If you break something in the store, and you simply leave it there.
- If you complain about how expensive everything is.
- If you try to haggle with the staff. We don’t determine the prices, in case you were wondering.
- If you get mad at the staff when the power goes out and we have to take every transaction by hand. PS- We didn’t make the power go off.
- If you say, “it didn’t have a tag, so it must be free!” WOW YOU ARE SO FUNNY!
Honestly, I could probably write a whole book about the crazy stories from my time in retail, but we will save that for another time.
All for now,